At Cape Lookout Dental, we are on a mission to transform the smiles of Morehead City, NC, and create a new standard for excellent dental care. We believe that the best dental work is performed by dental professionals that truly listen to your needs and provide treatments to not just fix the problem but change your life.
Our team has the skills and expertise necessary to restore your dental implants. Implants are the ideal solution to missing teeth and our restoration process brings out the beauty and functionality that implants are known for. Restoration of an implant includes the addition of an abutment and custom-made crown to the healed implant.
If you are seeking restoration, crown repair, or crown replacement for your implant, call our office today!
When restoring a single implant, our team will take care in creating the perfect crown that feels comfortable while matching the shade, shape, and size of your surrounding teeth. The process for restoring a single implant is as follows:
- We will first examine your implant to ensure it has healed properly and is stable enough to support restoration.
- Upon confirming this, we will attach an abutment to your implant post; the abutment will act as a foundation for the crown.
- To finalize the process, we will cement your new crown onto the abutment, connecting all pieces together to restore function, appearance, and confidence.
When you choose implant-supported bridges, the doctor completing your surgery will place two implants in the jawbone in order to span the gap left by multiple missing teeth. Once this is healed, we will create a bridge prosthetic to attach to these implants.
A dental bridge is composed of multiple dental crowns that have been fused together, creating a row of subsequent artificial teeth. Similar to the process for restoring a single implant, we will install abutments on each implant post and slip the crowns over the abutment. That way, the strength of the implant post in the jawbone will be used to secure the prosthetic into place.
Restoration With Same-Day Crowns
Using our CEREC (chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics) machine, our team is capable of creating your brand new dental crown in just one visit! While at other practices you may have to wait days or weeks to receive the prosthetic, the process is much more convenient at Cape Lookout Dental!
- We will start by taking a digital impression of your implant, gums, and surrounding teeth.
- This scan will then be uploaded to our computer program’s design software.
- Our dentist will use this impression to digitally sculpt and perfect your new crown.
- Once we are satisfied with the design, the plans are sent to our milling machine.
- Within just 20 minutes, the machine will precisely carve and contour this tooth from a block of ceramic.
- The new crown will finally be cemented into place.
Using CEREC technology, you can say goodbye to temporary crowns and enjoy the benefits of having access to a long-term, durable appliance. This entire process can be completed in just one hour!
Restore Your Implant & Regain Your Smile
Cape Lookout Dental takes great pride in providing you with a beautiful smile that you will be proud to show off. We are confident that you will be delighted with the results when you choose our team for the finalization and restoration of your implant.
At our practice, we’ve built our philosophy to reflect that every patient is unique and valuable. With every service or procedure we provide, we go above and beyond what is required to ensure that your satisfaction is not just met but truly surpassed. Give us the chance to not just rebuild your smile, but to restore your confidence and bring your dreams for a full smile to life.
Ready to schedule an appointment? Call today and visit us for a FREE consultation!