Are you interested in enhancing your smile? Our team at Cape Lookout Dental has the options you’re looking for! While smile health and wellness are always the first priority, we love being a part of helping you reach your cosmetic goals as well! We are here to bring you brighter, healthier, stronger smiles through safe and effective treatments. Call our office in Morehead City, NC to schedule a visit for your cosmetic procedure!
When you have chips and cracks in your teeth they may not be as appealing as you would like. By using our bonding procedure, your smile can be restored to its original health and beauty. Using our composite material, we will fill in these imperfections to create a surface that matches the surrounding color of your tooth. The process proceeds as follows:
- The tooth will be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- We will apply our composite material to the surface of the tooth, covering the area of imperfection.
- Once the material has been smoothed into place, we will use a blue LED light to cure it.
- The now hardened composite will be shaped and contoured to ensure it seamlessly blends with the tooth.
When you have a brighter smile, your teeth look cleaner, healthier, and more attractive. You may be tempted to use store-bought products to achieve this look, however, these supplies are unable to achieve what our treatments can! Store-bought products can actually even damage your teeth if used frequently and may heighten sensitivity or cause gum recession.
Our in-office treatment brings you a brighter smile in just one office visit! With noticeable results by the time you leave the office, you can have the confidence to nail that big job interview, enjoy your first date, or smile brightly while making other special memories. Call today to schedule your teeth whitening procedure.
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain material that may be used to conceal discoloration, staining, misalignment, or chips and cracks on your teeth. These pieces are fully customizable and allow you to achieve subtle or dramatic results that bring a whole new look to your appearance.
Part of the process for applying veneers requires that you have a thin layer of enamel removed from the surface of your teeth; this is an order to allow the veneer to lay seamlessly against the tooth surface without irritating the gums or appearing bulky. With proper care, veneers can last up to 15 years before being reapplied by a dental professional.
In order to ensure that your dental veneers last as long as possible, you should follow these steps:
- Maintain your dental hygiene with regular brushing and flossing.
- Wear a nightguard to protect the veneers if you suffer from teeth grinding.
- Avoid foods or beverages that are likely to stain your teeth (red wine, berries, dark soda, coffee, etc).
- Avoid chewing ice cubes or hard candies that could break the veneers.
- Visit your dentist regularly for examinations and professional cleanings.
Care For Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry services are capable of doing more than just altering the appearance of your smile; they can impact you emotionally and allow your confidence to flourish! You may find yourself more eager to speak openly, laugh loudly, and find more enjoyment in doing things you love; you may even discover a new hobby or activity with your positive spirit and newly improved self-esteem.
Our team wants to see you thrive and bring you the smile you’ve always wanted. No one should hide their smile or feel insecure about their teeth. Call our office today and our kind, caring dental professionals will schedule an appointment for you!